Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Background

The One Lap of America is an 8 day race with a street legal car driven from racetrack to racetrack. Notably, this is not one of the easiest races - in fact it is the toughest out there. For 10 years this race has haunted my stepdad and me.

During the next few months I am going to post about the exciting times - getting in a day at the track; the exhausting times - writing sponsor letters; the stressful times - when something breaks; and everything in between.

I hope that you can find us amusing and support us through the entire race. After all, not every car makes it through to the end. Our goal is to bring recognition to the racing community and to our charity: Rainbows - Guiding kids and families through storms of loss.




1 comment:

  1. Laura,

    Great blog! I love Where in the One Lap is Nigel!

    It was a blast following you around the track at NJMP last weekend :-) I am desperately trying to find some more track time before we leave for One Lap...everything locally is booked :-(

    If you know of anything locally I can attend, please let me know.

    Harry
    One Lap of America 2010
    www.OneLapForDogs.com

    ReplyDelete