Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 7 - Already?

Last night was Cinco de Mayo, and in honor of it we ate at Outback...again. The drive into New Jersey was tedious. It is 1 road the entire way. Funny thing is that we will be taking the same road back to Nelson Ledges for the final road course day, but more on that when we get there.

After a slight delay starting this morning, the track session went by quickly. I did a little spinning action on the recon lap - blonde moments while racing are never a good thing. I had a great morning session once the track was hot and I smoked some M3's that were in my run group. Only one got by me on the final lap - can't win them all in a MINI. After a lunch of animal crackers and nut mixes, I took a crash course in shifting with more revs from Jason. If only I knew that on Sunday!  I dropped over 10 seconds in the afternoon session and came in a surprising 49th place. This finish catapulted Greg and I ahead of the Vintage Camarro IROC and within striking distance of a BMW 325i and Honda Civic SI.

Lapping sessions were offered today and I almost had Jason throw the MINI around so we could see what Nigel had in him, but the thought of sitting in Philly traffic out-weighed the desure to go fast. Also, the idea of a really nice dinner on our last night traveling on the road was in the back of all of our minds. So, we packed up and hit the road for Ohio - again.

No pictures again, they will have to wait until dinner. This computer may go out the window and I will just have to use the iPhone for the rest of the blogging. I do have some great pictures and some fun video from both sessions today. In fact, today was the first day that the GoPro was set-up and recording for both sessions, successfully! In the morning session, I have the M3 on video with his back end coming loose. He saves the skid and holds fast through the turn. Likewise, the M3 has video of me doing a 180 on the recon lap. We are going to swap out video cards tomorrow so I can eventuall get all of those online!

Here are the pictures as promised...and the videos too! Gary is supposed to upload his from first seesion soon...when he does I will link it here.
Almost like being at home...but 3 hours south.

Brock's transportation for the week.

Wrenching on the GT2

Chillin in the brand new EZ Up tent. Thanks guys!





Our competition taking a nap.

It became a mini MINI reunion!

Classic Camarro!

This is about the only picture we have of being on the track. There isn't too many good spots to take pictures from, unless you walk down to the track. Since Greg wore shorts today, well he wore shorts everyday because he didn't pack any pants, he could only snap pictures from the paddock area.





Greg's driving (again) on our way to Ohio.

No comments:

Post a Comment